Welcome to the Kol Shalom Women's Network! The members of Kol Shalom Women's Network welcome newcomers, care for women in need, learn together, protest religious oppression, raise money for the educational pursuits of Kol Shalom, actively engage in Tikkun Olam, and bond with each other. For further information, please email [email protected]
Jews And Japan - A Long and Storied Bond
Sunday, June 4th, 2-4:30pm
Open to the Congregation
Kol Shalom Women’s Network invites you to an extraordinary opportunity to learn about the surprising and long-honored connection between Jews and the Japanese Empire.
Join us as we;
- Watch the 90 minute award-winning PBS film Sugihara: Conspiracy of Kindness about the brave consul to Lithuania who issued thousands of visas to get the Jews out of harms way and ensure their passage to safety.
- Learn first hand from our own Rabbi Jonathan Maltzman (who served as the Rabbi of the Jewish community of Japan) how Sugihara’s legacy helped strengthen the Japanese understanding of Jews and his own efforts to build bonds between the Jews of Japan and the Japanese people. His presentation will include stories and anecdotes from his unique experience.
- Enjoy a traditional Japanese sweet and savory afternoon tea.
$10 for Women’s Network members
$15 for non Women’s Network members
RSVP to [email protected]. Your payment will be taken at the door.
Women’s Network Torah Fund Tzedaka boxes
The contents of the tzedaka boxes distributed earlier this year can be turned in at the Women’s Network June 4th Sugihara film event. Deadline for donations to Torah Fund is June 30, 2017. For more information, please contact Sara Wagschal, [email protected].
Torah Fund is a grassroots effort of the Women's League for Conservative/Masorti Judaism and supports the five rabbinical seminaries located around the world. Torah Fund aids in the development of future rabbis, cantors and Jewish educators. Donations of any amount are very much appreciated. For a donation of $180 or more, you will receive a pin/pendant.
For more information please email Sara Wagschal : [email protected]
Bikkur Holim Committee
"To minister to the sick is to minister to God" Abraham Joshua Heschel
Women's Network has formed a committee to help those in our Kol Shalom community in need of assistance. All men and women in the congregation are welcome to participate. We now provide visits, phone calls, rides and meals to those who are ill and recovering. Please do not hesitate to call us, we are here for you! For more information, to sign up, or to inform us of those needing our help call or e-mail: Millie Rumerman 301-762-1432 or Paula Horowitz 301-365-7930
Women’s Network Board 2016-2017
- President, Shelly Schwartz
- Vice Presidents Programming, Lorene Sarne and Debbie Kronzek
- Vice President, Torah Fund, Sara Wagschal
- Recording Secretary, Elaine Gaskill
- Communication Secretary, Linda Levy Kronenberg
- Treasurer, Linda Artz
- Membership, Barb Gendel
- Bikkur Cholim, Millie Rumerman and Paula Horowitz
- Member at Large, Marilyn Wind
- Member at Large, Julia Loeb